Are you living at the place that is most At-Risk for natural disasters like California? Study shows that seven of the nation’s most at-risk cities are located in California.
Whenever you face a natural disaster, your loved ones may want to know about your present situation. Well, Thanks to Facebook’s awesome feature, through which you can inform your family that you’re safe.
The best part?
You can do it with a couple of clicks rather than sending messages to everyone individually. let’s get started.
Method 1:Mark Yourself Safe on Facebook Through Settings
When you are in danger, Facebook automatically opens these options. If you didn’t get any notification, then you can also check that your friends save or not. Just follow these simple steps to marked save.
- Go to Crisis Response and select a Crisis page
- On the Crisis page, click I’m Safe > Update Post > Check on Friends.
- You’ll see a list of your friends who are marked Safe and a list of your friends who have chosen Don’t Apply. Tap Search for Friends at the top to search for a friend using their name, but keep in mind, you can only ask those who ‘re your friends on Facebook
- if they’re safe, Click Ask If Safe next to the person’s name
- Once you ask if a friend is safe, they’ll receive a notification and be able to mark themselves safe
- On this page, there’s a banner at the top of the page asking if you’re in the affected area. If you are, click Yes
- You can also ask your friends if they’re safe from this page
When you scroll down the emergency event page will be open, slide bar. It gives information about the different organization that works for the relief of needy people at the time of difficulties/disaster
Method 2:Use Facebook Meme Maker
You can generate a memo that updates about your current situation. Use memo to marked your self save on Facebook app, So friends can quickly know that you are out of danger.
This screenshot of the news notification can be a meme for the moments that are not an emergency or a disaster. Mark yourself as “safe” from the small dangers and triggers in your life to express relief. Replace the text and put a custom caption in to make a meme.
How you Can Customize the Meme Maker on Facebook
You can use this memo in your daily life to just chat with your friends.
- In memo there is a text box, you can move and resize the text boxes by dragging them around. If you’re using this on a mobile device, you may have first to check “enable drag/drop”
- You can change the color and font of the text, also change the outline of the text
- You can rotate your meme, add scumbag hats, deal-with-it sunglasses, speech bubbles, or other custom images, and draw on your meme using the panel just above the meme preview image
The purpose of the article is to introduce a new and useful feature of Facebook. This app is not only a communication software but it also can be used to inform about your safety to your loved ones.
These two methods can help you in the time of disaster and emergency. One is to use the Facebook alert system and the other method to generate the meme maker.
Did you find it helpful? What method do you prefer the most? Kindly let us know in the comment section.