Being a social community network, Discord is a great app to connect with family, friends, or communities of people having the same hobbies as you. You can connect to people worldwide by sending them a text, voice, or even a video.
Sending videos on discord is a great way to convey your ideas and thoughts. However, you have to suffer when you don’t know how to send any video on Discord.
But wait for the twist! Here I have so many ways for you to send videos both on android and PC. Just follow in my footsteps!
How to send Videos on Discord?
Most of the people using this community app don’t know how to send videos on this. But don’t get panic, as I am here to tell you the simplest method to send video on discord.
To send videos on Discord PC/Mobile, follow all the steps below:
- Open your app on any platform you’re using.
- Click on the + icon on the text bar and open your internal storage.
- Now select the file you want to send. Open it.
- And now click enter to send.
NOTE: The downside of using this app is you can only send a video up to 8Mb, or else you have to upgrade it to the Nitro account.
How to send videos on discord Mobile?
Want to connect to the Discord Community through your mobile phone? Well, this app has made it easy for people to have different platforms.
- Open your server app. If you’re new to this server, download the app from Google Play/Apple app store.
- Click on the friends’ icon on the bar below.
- Choose the group or friend you want to send your video to.
- Click on the gallery icon next to the gift icon. It will lead you to internal storage on your mobile.
- Choose the video you want to send.
- Click enter and send.
TIP: To send many videos or images, select all of them together and click send.
How to send videos on discord PC?
Sharing a file on a PC or a laptop is the same as that on a mobile phone. If you’re finding it difficult, I have made these simplest steps to show you how it’s done. Let’s have a look at them.
- To the very first, download the app for Windows if you don’t have it. Skip this step if you have got the app already.
- Open the app. click on the group you want to send the file to.
- On the bottom text bar, click on the plus + sign.
- After clicking the + sign, a folder will open on your PC.
- Select the video you want to send to the group or your friend.
- Click open. And your desired file is ready to send.
How to send videos over 8MB on discord?
Limitations in the file size are the biggest dilemma in the social community networks, and this app is no exception. In this social community platform, you can only send videos less or equal to 8Mb.
Well, it may sound a bit surprising to you, but you can now send videos over 8Mb on discord. Wondering how it is possible? Let me show you some of the methods which I use to send videos.
Is the Discord Nitro worth purchasing?
There’s nothing wrong in saying that Discord Nitro comes with a lot of benefits. This premium version will do it for you, from Hd video to better emojis and, above all, bigger uploads up to 50Mb.
If you’re a regular user of this app, I will suggest you purchase the plan as it has many benefits.
Compress video By Cleido
Send the video easily on the Server App, compress it, or cut out the unnecessary part. For this purpose, you need a video compressor or any app that can trim the video for you. Follow these steps for that;
- Go to this online video editor, Clideo.
- Click on the choose file icon.
- Choose the video you want to compress.
- Edit your video. Download it. And then upload it through your PC/Mobile.
Note: This editor may reduce the pixels of your video as well.
Size limit bypass By Youtube
No doubt youtube is a great platform to upload your favourite content. If you’re new to youtube, you can only upload a video for up to 10 minutes. If you’re being registered on this platform using a verified phone number and email, you can upload for more than 10 minutes.
After uploading there, share the link to your friends and community on discord. And let people enjoy your favourite content as well.
Size limit bypass By Google Drive
Google drive is no doubt one of the best places to upload your content and make it safe. Apart from that, you can share the link to your video after uploading.
Not only people can see that video, but they can also download it on their phones or PC. All you need to do is to upload, make your account, and get started. Isn’t it great?
Size limit bypass By Streamable
One of the easiest ways to bypass the size limit is by using streamable. You don’t even need to create an account, upload your video and share it with your pals.
The only downside of using Streamable is you can upload a video of only 10 minutes or a file size of 1Gb. But you can get over it by up-gradation to its Pro version.
Size limit bypass By Dropbox
Last but not least option is everyone’s favourite Dropbox. Dropbox gives you up to 50Gb of space to upload your content there and even share the link with your friends to let them see it as well.
Here you can upload as many videos as you want and then share the link to your discord community.
Of all the amazing tricks above, you can choose the one convenient to you and share your favourite video with your friends.
Also, If I missed something, let me know in the comments.
You should also see: