Do you ever feel stuck in a rut with your computer screen?
It is usually like every time you turn around. The monitor is in the same spot. Here’s your chance to break that cycle. It’s easy to do and can give you a whole new perspective.
In this post, you will learn how to rotate your monitor screen to get the most out of your viewing experience.
Screen rotation is turning a screen from its upright position to a horizontal or vertical position. This can be done by using the following ways.
So without further ado, let’s get started.
3 Best Methods to Rotate Monitor Screen
Method 1: Rotate Monitor Screen by using Display Settings
Rotating your monitor screen can be a simple way to change your viewing experience. Here are a few easy steps to follow:
First Step: Right-click on your desktop and select “Display Settings.”
Second Step: Under the “Orientation” drop-down menu, select “Portrait” or “Landscape.”
Third Step: Click “Apply” to save your changes.
And that’s all there is to it! Screen rotation can be a great way to switch things up if you’re bored with the usual view. And after rotating the screen, you also have to change the monitor’s refresh rate accordingly.
Method 2: Rotate Monitor Screen in Windows 10
screen rotation is a simple technique that can help reduce screen glare and improve your viewing experience. Windows 10 provides several options for screen rotation, and you can use the following steps to rotate your screen:
First Step: Open the Settings app by pressing the Windows key + I on your keyboard.
Second Step: Click on the System category.
Third Step: Select the Display tab.
Fourth Step: Click on the drop-down menu under Orientation and select the desired screen rotation option.
Fifth Step: Click Apply to save your changes.
With just a few clicks, you can easily rotate your screen in Windows 10. So if you’re having trouble with screen glare, give screen rotation a try!
Method 3: Rotate Monitor Screen in Windows 7
In Windows 7, use the following steps to rotate the monitor’s screen.
First step: Go to the “Control Panel.” Under the “Appearance and Personalization” section.
Second step: Click on “Display.” Then, under the “Orientation” section, select the orientation that you want for your screen.
Final Step: Click “Apply” and then “OK.”
And your screen will be rotated accordingly.
Additional Ways to Rotate Monitor Screen
You can also rotate your screen by using keyboard shortcuts.
- For instance, pressing CTRL+ALT+LEFT ARROW will rotate your screen counter-clockwise 90 degrees.
- Conversely, pressing CTRL+ALT+RIGHT ARROW will rotate your screen clockwise 90 degrees.
- And finally, pressing CTRL+ALT+UP ARROW will restore your screen to its normal orientation.
Tips for using screen rotation in different situations
Screen rotation can be a great way to change your screen display, whether you want to get a better view of something or you’re looking to show off your screen to others.
Here are a few tips on how to use screen rotation in different situations:
- If you’re trying to get a better view of something, rotated screens can give you a more panoramic view. This would be good for looking at maps or checking out photos.
- If you’re giving a presentation, rotating your screen into landscape mode can give your audience a wider view of your slides.
- Screen rotation can also be helpful when using certain apps that are designed for landscape mode. This can include video streaming apps or games that use the extra screen real estate.
- Finally, you may be able to rotate the monitor on your own, just look for a button on the monitor itself that says “Rotate” or something similar. Once you’ve rotated the monitor, you have to adjust your computer’s display settings accordingly.
With these tips in mind, you should be able to rotate your monitor screen to the orientation you need easily.
Benefits of rotating monitor screen
- Save your eyes – rotating your monitor screen prevents eye strain.
- Get more work done – rotating the screen lets you see different document parts simultaneously.
- Prevent neck pain – by rotating your monitor, and you’re less likely to hunch over and cause pain in your neck.
- Stay organized – rotate your screen, so all your applications are easily accessible.
- Be healthy! – sitting in the same position for long periods isn’t good for your health, so rotate your screen every once in a while to keep yourself active.
So, there you have it 3 best ways to rotate the monitor screen. You can use any of them according to your requirements and comfort level.
By rotating your monitor, you can change the screen’s orientation to better match how you are sitting or standing. This can help reduce eye strain and neck pain, making it easier for you to work for a longer duration.
Have any queries regarding monitors, let us know in the comment section.