Is your LG front load washing machine showing an error code UE while you are using it? You do not have to worry because we are here to help you out. Washing machines are easy to use, but you might encounter a problem now and then.
If you own an LG front load washer, you will get to experience an error code UE on it. The LG washer UE error code indicates that the washing machine cannot spin. There are different causes for the error to show itself. We will be discussing the reasons and the ways to fix it.
What does the Error Code UE mean on the LG washer?
If you are using an LG front load washing machine, you might encounter an error code uE or UE. Both the error codes are explained as such:
uE: This means that the washing machine balances the load by adding water and distributing the laundry along the drum walls. LG washing machine is trying to fix the problem itself. Therefore, you do not have to intervene.
UE: This means that the LG washing machine has tried to fix the problem but cannot do so. If you see a UE error code on the LG washer, your intervention is required.
What are the Causes behind the Error?
To intervene in the right way, it is necessary to understand the reason behind the presence of the LG washer UE error code. The several causes behind the error code are:
- There is an unbalanced load in the washing machine. The unbalanced load can be due to many reasons, including:
- You have overloaded the machine by putting a bulky item inside.
- The machine is underloaded because not enough laundry is filling the machine.
- The machine is filled with laundry having different weights.
- The LG front load washing machine’s legs are not levelled on the ground, and the washing machine is not flat on the surface.
- The motor nut has become loose. Unfortunately, it is quite a common issue, leading to the error code UE on the LG washer.
How do I Fix the UE Error Code on an LG washer?
Now that you know the causes behind the UE error code on the front load LG machine, it is time to help you fix the error. First, we will explain one by one the solutions to all the respective errors stated above.
Dealing with the unbalanced load
Most often than not, the unbalanced load is the leading cause behind the error UE. Balance the load to get rid of the error, so your washing machine can spin again. This is how you can balance the load:
- Remove some content if the laundry is bulky.
- Add some laundry to an underloaded washing machine.
- Distribute the weights evenly in the washing machine containing different weight laundry.
Levelling the legs
If you find your washing machine uneven on the ground, you must level the legs. This is how you do it:
- You will find a lock nut on the leg holding it in place. Loosen it.
- Rotate the leg clockwise if you want to lower it.
- Rotate the leg anticlockwise to raise it.
- Once you are done, tighten the lock nut.
- To see if your washing machine is levelled evenly after the fix, use a level measuring tool to assess if it is levelled correctly.
Tightening the loose motor nut
This is an easy issue to deal with, so you can fix it yourself by following the steps mentioned below:
STEP 1: You will have to move the washer forward to reach the back panel.
STEP 2: Using a screwdriver, remove the screws responsible for holding the back panel in place. Lift the panel off.
STEP 3: Now, a bolt is holding the rotor in place. Remove the bolt by using a socket. Wear a pair of gloves while removing the rotor.
STEP 4: Remove the screws on the wiring harnesses.
STEP 5: The stator has six bolts holding it in place. Remove the bolts.
STEP 6: Now, you will get to see if the main nut is loose or not.
STEP 7: If loose, use a ratchet to tighten the nut.
STEP 8: Once done, check to see if the LG washer error code UE has gone.
If you still see the error code UE on the front load LG washer, you will need the help of a technician.
Error code UE on LG washer is a problem that seems to be a common one. If you own an LG front load washer, you might end up seeing the UE error. Now that you know the causes and how to fix them, you will get rid of the error UE on the LG washer yourself.
Don’t Miss: How to Fix Samsung Dishwasher Error Codes