Are you encountering the Java error code 1603? You don’t need to be worried, you are in the right place.
Definitely, this post will offer the best solutions that help you to get rid of the error.
Basically, the Java error code 1603 occurs when you install or update java in Windows 10.
The error message shows that the Java update has not installed or updated.
Java app can be installed using two ways. It depends upon the users, they can get Java through an online download or offline downloaded.
So, do you want to learn more about the Java error code 1603?
So let’s start the journey.
Valid and logical Reasons Behind Java Error Code 1603
Java error code 1603 may occur due to some different reasons. Let’s get to them.
❌ The Java error code 1603 appears during the process of installation, and it suggests that the installation did not complete.
❌ The reason for this error may be related to updates of Java that you want to install. These updates may be blocked by antivirus software and other programs running by Java app.
❌ A required installation file may be missed such as the data 1.
Simple Solutions to Fix Java Error Code 1603
Now, here are the possible solutions for this error. These solutions will help you to get rid of the Java error code 1603.
But wait there is more. Before moving on to fixes keep in mind that:
- Run the installer as administrator.
- Keep in mind that the drive that you are installing on is not encrypted.
- You have to keep your BitLocker disabled. After making it disabled then try to install it.
If the Java error code 1603 persists after doing these quick fixes then try the following solution to fix the error.
Fix1: Check Version of Java You are Installing in Windows 10
It is important to know the version of java that you are installing is matched windows 10.
It simply means that you should install 64 bit Java if you are running on a 64 bit Windows 10.
You can check the version of the system is 32 or 64 bit. To find out the version here are the following steps.
• Click on the Windows icon on the toolbar then move on to the “Setting” option.
• Then click on “System type“ on the setting.
After doing these steps you will get to know about the version of Windows 10 that you are using.
Fix2: Stop Running Programs
In this fix, you have to stop the programs that are running Java.
Here are the steps.
• Right-click on the taskbar and then select the “Task Manager” option from the menu bar.
• After doing this process, a list will appear of programs. If programs are mentioned with error, then click on the programs one by one and then click on the “End Task” button.
This action makes programs stop running.
After doing this, the Java error 1603 should be fixed. If the error exists then move on to the next fix.
Fix3:Turn off Antivirus
It may be possible that Java installation or updates have been blocked by antivirus software. So, you have to disable the antivirus software for some time and try to install Java.
Here are the steps to turn off the Antivirus.
• Open the “Task Manager”.
• Then right-click on Antivirus.
• After clicking on Antivirus a popup window will appear then select the Disable option.
Fix4: Disable Java Content
This option may help you to fix the error. For disabling Java Content, here are a few steps.
• Type “Control Panel” in the search bar and then choose the “Control Panel”.
• Then a window of the “Control Panel” will appear. Select Java among them all programs that appear in that window.
• On the window of the Java Control Panel, go to the “Security” tab. Then uncheck the Enable Java Content in the browser.
• Click on apply and ok.
After this process, the error should be fixed. Now update or install Java.
Note: Once you install or update Java, don’t forget to enable the Java content in the browser again.
Fix5: uninstall the Previous Java Version
This fix helps you to get rid of the Java error code 1603.
The steps are below to uninstall the previous java version.
• Press Windows+R at the same time to “Run” window.
• Type “appwlz.cpl on the Run window and then press the Enter.
• Find out Java in the list.
• Then click on it and select the option Uninstall. After doing this reboot the system.
Fix6: Java as Administrator
Installation issues can be resolved by installing software as an administrator. For this, right-click the latest version of the installer, then select “Run as administrator” for the setup.
Fix7: Do Not Use LogMeIn
Sometimes, users try to install Java through LogMeIn via remote access. The Java error code 1603 will be caused by LogMeIn.
LogMeIn users have reported that this Java error because of the LogMeIn.
So if you are one of those who are using LogMeIn for installing Java. For avoiding this error, you have to install java on the PC without remote desktop software.
In any case, if you really need remote desktop software to install Java, then use some alternatives to LogMeIn.
Fix8: Use offline Installer
This error arises due to improper installation or update processes. To overcome the Java error code 1603, you can use the Java Offline installer to update.
Here are the steps to download the offline installer.
• Before continuing, uninstall all Java components.
• You can download the Offline Installer from the official website of Java.
• Then restart the computer and run the installer.
• You have to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Then check out if the error occurs.
Fix9: Open Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter may help you fix the Java error code 1603.
In order to add this program to your Windows, here are some simple steps.
• You can download it from the official website of Microsoft.
• Click on Microsoftprogram_install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab file to open the Troubleshooter.
• Then click on the next option and follow the instructions on the screen.
Through this method, you can download the program. It will help to fix the Java error code 1603.
Fix10: Delete the KN2918615 Windows Update
The Java error code 1603 maybe occur when Windows update KB2918614 exists. Removing update Kb2918614 can fix the issue.
Here are the following steps to remove the updates.
• Holds on the Windows key+R.
• Write down appwiz.cpl in the running box that appears, and click on ok.
• Then click on the “View installed updated” option, which is appearing on the left side of the Control Panel. A list of windows updates will appear.
• Put the keyword “KB2918614” in the search box.
• Choose the “KB2918614” update and then uninstall it.
• In the end, restart your device.
Then check out if this helps you to fix the error.
In this article, we presented possible solutions to fix the Java error code 1603. If you find these solutions helpful then tell us in the comment box.