Smart TVs are now an integral part of our lives, they are being watched in more and more homes, and And as time goes on, the expectation is that more and more people will come to this technology. The beauty of them is that we can not only watch our favorite plays on them but also can use them to add our own style of view.
We’re talking about apps here that we can download to our Smart TVs, but like all technologies, there are pros and cons, As we are talking about LG we have a little bit of difficulty here in terms of compatibility to Install 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV. So we can use other means to get things done for us.
How to Install 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV
Problems and precautions can arise here with us in this process, so we are going to discuss them in detail in this post. So stay with us to attain the installation process to Install 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV.
Before further understanding, note that most users use webOS to install the apps, not android apps. So we will show you how you can install the apps without using Andriod and Google play store.
Now Let’s get started.
How to install Sideload Apps on LG Smart TVs
As we talked above that we cannot install 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV, but you could use some other option to add apps and software to Smart TV through other mediums.
Now another special feature about that is you can use a smartphone to change anything, Let’s see how we can do that.
Before going into the configuration of smart TV, understand that there are basically two types of android systems.
- Android OS, Found mostly in smartphones and tablets, comes with a wide range of apps.
- Android TV, This version of the AOSP (Android Open Source Project) is used just on smart TVs it displays a large resolution
No need to worry because we will make the process easier for you to install 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV
Enable unknown source option
- Prepare your device before installing it.
- Enable unknown sources to install apps
The “unknown source option” is the one that controls whether your device allows the installation of apps from sources other than the PlayStore, so we have to enable it as a first step. To simplify the process we need to install some apps, there is a sideload launcher to access your apps after installing them, and a file manager to easily browse the files on your device.
- Now go to the android tv homepage from here
- Then find the Personal tab, Security option, this location varies by system, you will find it under the Security and Restrictions tab.
- Now you are about to install software that will give you access to the apps you need to sideload.
- You should use the verified app as a sideload launcher. android tv
How to Install Kodi on LG Smart TV (2020)
The fact is that LG Smart TV only uses WebOS and not Android OS, so there is no help on the PlayStore to Install 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV like “Kodi”. However, there is a way to install Kodi by using the devices named Chromecast device, the Amazon Firestick Roku device, and the Android TV box.
Besides, we are going to talk about the following 4 methods about how to install and use Kodi on LG Smart TV. Since we are all well aware of the fact that Kodi can stream free movies and TV shows, therefore you need to install a VPN first.
We recommend Surfshark VPN for you because it works on unlimited devices with a single account and has strong encryption. It also gives you 7 days of a free trial.
Can You Put Kodi on Smart TV?
Unfortunately, there is no way to put Kodi on smart tv but there are some methods to stream it.
These methods involve the use of devices such as Chromecast, Roku, etc.
How to Install Kodi on LG Smart TV using devices
Below is a list of methods to use and install Kodi on LG Smart TVs.
- Using Chromecast
- Using Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Using Roku
- Using Android TV Box
Method 1: Stream Kodi on the LG Smart TV by Using Chromecast Gadget
- Your smart TV and smartphone must be connected to a similar network before doing anything.
- You need to download and install Kodi on an android smartphone to run it on the smartphone.
- When we are installing Kodi on an android smartphone, half of our method is completed.
- Now install Chromecast on your smartphone from Google Play Store.
- Go to Google Playstore > Search “Google Home” App> Click Install> Wait for the application be installed.
- Connect or pair Chromecast to LG Smart TV.
- Go to the Google Home app on your phone> click on Cast Screen / Audio> Casting will now begin and you can easily watch Kodi on your LG Smart TV screen.
Method 2: Stream Kodi on the LG Smart TV by Using Amazon Fire TV Stick
- You need to plug the Fire TV Stick device into your Samsung Smart TV first
- Go ahead and open Firestick Home and install Kodi on FireStick
- Once you’re done installing Kodi, go to Settings and then Applications.
- Select Manage Installed applications now
- Choose the Kodi from the list
- Click Launch
Method 3: Stream Kodi on LG Smart TV Using Roku
Kodi can also be used on LG Smart TV via Roko as mentioned earlier. The short procedure is:
- Install Kodi on your Smartphone or Personal Computer(PC)
- Now you need to connect your device (smartphone or PC with Kodi installed) to Roko via an internet connection network.
- Open Roku Player Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Enable Screen Mirroring option.
Start connecting your PC / Smartphone to Roku by installing a Mirroring application. Once the connection is completed, you can easily enjoy Kodi on LG Smart TV.
Method 4: Stream Kodi Using Android TV Box
Installing Kodi on LG 4K Smart TV is not rocket science. This solution is simple and straightforward. You can install Kody on LG 4K Smart TV using Android TV Box. Here are the steps to follow to get your Kodi installation on LG TV.
- First, connect the android tv box to LG TV.
- Connect TV box to WiFi or Ethernet
- Install Kodi app from the Google Play Store
- Choose the Kodi from the list
- Click Launch
The short answer is no, and you can’t download or Install 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV. This is because the LG Smart TV runs on WebOS or Netcast, so Smart TV doesn’t offer any features or options for downloading any app from unknown sources.
Remember: We can only download apps that are only available on the LG Content Store
To Install 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV, you need to use streaming devices as we mentioned above. But no problem, Our Team got a hack that allows you to Install 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV.
Hack to get Install 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV using out of Region option
This is often seen that users want to download and install some additional 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV, and they find it very difficult. So, let me tell you, adding new apps or channels and 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV is an easy way to implement it.
First, understand that the apps you get by any default or the apps you will find in the LG content store within your smart TV are dependent on your country.
So switching country services is a helpful way to install apps away from your area. However, you do not need to reset the entire TV to Install 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV, but you must change the location of the country where your LG services are located.
To Install 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV, follow these steps.
- Go to Settings and then General.
- Here you will find a location option, click on it.
- The good news is that LG Smart TV comes with two options.
- The first is a broadcast country and the second is the LG Serviced Country. The advantage of this is that you can still get LG broadcast services from other countries and watch TV from your home country in which you needed apps on a smart TV.
- Click on LG Broadcast Services and select the location of any apps or channels you want to play on your Smart TV.
- Let’s say you want apps or channels from the UK region.
- Then select UK from the list of LG Broadcast Services. Smart TV warns you at this point.
- Click the Yes option, the TV will restart, and after a few moments, the TV will reopen.
Press the Home / Smart button. A popup menu will appear. Now with the change of LG Broadcasting Services, you will get to see some of the new 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV
This is because of the fact the app checks your internet IP address, etc. But sure there are options by which you can avoid by like buying VPN services, which let you hide your current location whenever it is that you are streaming or watching a movie so be sure. And that’s how you can use 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV.
Today in this article we have given you all the solutions that are possible for us, so we hope you find this article very useful to Install 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV. Your feedback is very valuable to us. If you have any suggestions for us, we would love to hear from you in the comment section.