Clearly, it is said to keep your data, files, and documents safe. But sometimes you face a terrible situation. When you can’t open a locked PDF file. Have you ever experienced this condition? If your answer is “yes”.
Then this article is going to be very useful for you. Here you will learn ” How to Unsecure a PDF file “.
Sometimes occasionally, you just get stuck in a situation where you can’t open the PDF file. This will happen for a number of reasons. We will explain it briefly to you. So Let’s start the journey.
First of all, let us give you some information about PDF files.
Table of Contents
What is a PDF file?
PDF stands for “Portable Document Format”. It is used when you need to save files that cannot be edited but can be easily shared and printed.
As you know, a PDF file is used to get your work done. It contains all the elements of the printed document. You can forward this file as well as save and print it as a hardcopy.
What does the mean of a secured file?
Basically, there are two types of secure PDF.
- The first one is User locked or Open Password: it means you need a password to view the contents or file. To access a secure PDF file, the user needs a username or an open password. You cannot view content without a legal password.
- The second one is Owner locked or Permission Password: this means you need a password to copy, print, or make some changes to the content, file.
So you can’t unlock a user’s locked PDF without a password. Alternatively, you can unlock an owner’s locked PDF file without a password. Which you may have forgotten.
Now let’s talk about how you can open a secure file.
How to Unsecure a PDF file
Well, it is difficult to recover or remove the password of an open / user password. But there are some tools that play a role in this situation to Unsecure a PDF file.
Simple and Easy Methods to Unsecure a PDF file
You can use the following procedures to come over the situation.
Method 1: Use Google Chrome/Open the file in Google Drive
- Open google chrome, as it is the only browser through which you can use the “print” features to eliminate the owner password from your PDF.
- Login into the Google account. Open Google Drive. You can open directly Google Drive by typing Google Drive in the Google browser. Click the link. Now click on a PDF file and drag it into Google Drive. In this way, it will be added to Google Drive. You can also upload the file from PC, laptop, or mobile to Google Drive. For this
- Click on New in the right corner of the Google Drive window then click on the File Upload and choose the file that you want be upload in Google Drive.
- Now double click on a PDF file, after doing this The PDF file will open in Google Chrome.
Note: If You set a password for a PDF file. Then you need to enter the password to open the file.
Step5: When your file is open. Then all you need to do is give the command. Press either ctrl + P or the command + P (Mac). A “Print” window will open or Or click on the printer icon ahead.
Step6: In the print window, there is a “Change” option under the “Destination” heading. Click the “Change” option. After clicking on it, a list will appear.
Step7: Choose the option “Save as PDF”. And click on “Save”.
Step8: Rename the file and save it in Pc or laptop.
Note: You can select any location where you want to save the PDF file. This is great if your problem is solved. If your problem persists, then go the other methods below to Unsecure a PDF file.
Method 2: The official Procedure Using Adobe Acrobat Pro:
Acrobat Pro is a paid version for viewing PDF files. The majority of people use this application to view PDF content. As it is said official procedure to view PDF files.
The following steps have to be followed
- First, download Adobe Acrobat Pro. Install it and open Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Open the file you want to remove the password. Enter a password to view it
- Then click the file title in the left corner of the window and then click Properties -> Permission Details.
- Then select the “Security” tab. Select no security.
- Remove the cladding on the heading routes in the safety procedure.
- Click Files and then Save to save the changes.
- Now save the file wherever you want.
that’s how you can Unsecure a PDF File Using Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Method 3: Unsecure a PDF file using Password Remover Tool
The best thing about the PDF element is that it has powerful features but makes it a very easy process to Unsecure a PDF file.
- Load the password-protected PDF launch tool, then drag and drop the PDF file into the program window. Then click “Open File”.
- If your file is insured with an open password, you must enter a password to open the file.
- If your file is insured with a permission password, then click “Enable Editing”. So this will be the first step to Unsecure a PDF file.
- Then go to the “Protect” tab and click on “Password” option. You can unmark the open file or permission password restrict option from your file.
Method 4: Open a PDF file in Google Chrome
If you do not have software to Unsecure a PDF file, then you have an alternative and easy way to unlock it. You can remove the password with the help of Google Chrome.
To do this, you need to make sure you have the latest version of Google Chrome.
- Open google chrome. Drop and drag the protected PDF file in Google Chrome.
- Use the “Print “option in Chrome to print the protected PDF file into a PDF. Which is the important step to learn how to Unsecure a PDF file without any software.
- Open Google Chrome. Drop and drag the protected PDF stored in Google Chrome.
Use the “Print” option in Chrome to print the protected PDF to PDF. What’s the key to learning how to Unsecure a PDF file without any software.
Use Free Web Applications:
There are many free web services available on the Internet, which are helpful for Unsecure a PDF file.
All you need to do is upload the PDF file, they will remove the password. You can then download the free password file from there. Here are some links for some readers of PDF files. Click on the link to download the PDF reader
But remember one thing, sometimes corrupt files can lead to data loss.
PDF Reader now introduces the drawing tool in PDF Reader as PDF Reader is a compressor software. Send files and logos specifically for business purposes. It’s easy for you to use one tool, not two, select the tools from the markup tools to draw, and to change the position you just hold and move the shape.
We hope you find this article helpful to Unsecure a PDF file. Want to ask something more from us about PDF or something else? Please feel free to contact us in the comment section. Because your feedback is very valuable to us.