If you are looking for a way to uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security from your Mac, you’re in the right place. Read on this tutorial to find out how to completely and quickly uninstall Kaspersky from your Mac.
Let’s get started!
Must read: Struggling To Save Images On Mac? Try One-Click Solution
The Purpose of Uninstalling Kaspersky on Mac
Kaspersky Anti-Virus software offers protection against viruses and other threats. This antivirus protects you from the most common types of threats without slowing down your computer. Mac users complain that macOS performance slows down when an antivirus runs in the background.
Thus, you may want to take Kaspersky off your Mac. However, there are many reasons why you might want to remove it from your Mac.
- A better alternative is found.
- Quite a bit of system resources is consumed by it.
- It interferes with other applications and programs.
Before Uninstalling Kaspersky on Mac, What Should You Do?
Before an uninstall can begin, all associated background processes must be terminated for the target app. Exiting an application can be completed in one of the following ways:
- Choose Quit from the right-click menu on the Dock when you want to quit the application
- Then, click the app icon in the Menu Bar and select Quit.
To safely and correctly uninstall Kaspersky from your Mac, follow our guide.
How to uninstall Kaspersky on Mac through its Menu
There is no way to uninstall Kaspersky entirely from your Mac without first clearing it through its menu and manually removing the remaining files. Our guide will explain how to do it step-by-step.
To Completely Uninstall Kaspersky on a Mac, Follow these Steps
- Go to Help in Kaspersky Internet Security and choose Support.
- In the new window, click Uninstall.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm the action.
- The uninstallation process will start. As soon as you’re done, you’ll get a confirmation message indicating the uninstallation is successful.
After completing the steps listed above, Kaspersky Internet Security should have been deleted. Unfortunately, Kaspersky still leaves files on your Mac, taking up your space without doing anything for you. The associated files are stored primarily in the Library folder, and you can manually delete them using Finder.
- Afterward, go to The Trash and empty the Trash.
- Restart your computer.
You are now done. You can see that the Kaspersky uninstaller left dozens of files on your Mac. After you have removed them all, you can be sure you have uninstalled the antivirus completely. Kaspersky service files can be tricky to find and remove manually. In addition, it is easier to uninstall Kaspersky if you use App Cleaner & Uninstaller, which automatically finds these service files and uninstalls Kaspersky.
Uninstall Kaspersky from Launchpad
Installing the Kaspersky software via the Mac App Store gives you this option.
Open Launchpad and search for Kaspersky Internet Security there.
Hold down the icon until you see X in the upper left corner.
- Click Delete in the confirmation dialog box.
The app will be automatically removed from your Mac once you click the delete button.
You Can Uninstall Kaspersky from Mac using the Native Uninstaller
Kaspersky developers offer an option to uninstall the antivirus using an uninstallation file if, for any reason, the uninstallation option from the menu is not working for you. If you wish to remove Kaspersky from your computer altogether, please follow the steps provided and make sure you don’t miss anything.
The Following Steps will help you Remove Kaspersky Using its Native Uninstaller
- Turn off Kaspersky. Choose Quit from the Kaspersky icon located in the Toolbar.
- Visit the Kaspersky website and download the uninstaller.
- After downloading and installing, click the Trash icon if you wish to uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security.
- Open the uninstallation window. Select Uninstall, then enter your password to confirm the action.
- The uninstallation process for Kaspersky will begin.
- Upon completion of the removal, click the Quit button.
- Next, you should check if any leftover files are still on your Mac. Steps 7-10 from the previous uninstallation method can be used for uninstallation.
- Further, a free application from Tech Bide lets you find all hidden service files in the system folders by their names. Search for the word “Kaspersky” in the search field to see the leftover files.
A Must See related article: How to save a mac image
- Removing all Kaspersky files is necessary. The files can quickly be deleted right from the Funter application. Then click the Trash button in the right bottom corner after selecting the files. Be careful, though, and try to remove only Kaspersky files. Leave the Mac system files and other applications alone.
- Empty the Trash after removing all Kapsersky’s leftovers.
- Restart your computer.
In the end, manual removal of Kaspersky remaining files might be tricky and risky. For example, removing important macOS service files could damage your system. That is why we recommend App Cleaner & Uninstaller, which does all the hard work for you.
Kaspersky can be Easily Uninstalled from your Computer with App Cleaner & Uninstaller
The App Cleaner & Uninstaller program is designed to thoroughly and correctly uninstall applications from a Mac. It can automatically find all of the service files of the apps, even if they have already been deleted. The following steps may help to uninstall Kaspersky with the removal tool.
Steps on How to Uninstall Kaspersky with App Cleaner & Uninstaller:
- Open App Cleaner & Uninstaller. After it scans your applications, you will see them on the left side of the window.
- Among the scanned applications, select Kaspersky.
- Then click the Remove button.
- Uninstall Kaspersky by checking the box.
In case you’ve already removed Kaspersky but wish to check for any leftover files, select Remaining Files. Here you will find all the files and leftovers from Kaspersky and the other previously removed applications from your Mac. Click “Remove” and remove the files and bits.
Internet Security from Kaspersky is an excellent antivirus with a tarnished reputation. The best way to uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security from your Mac is to use the Kaspersky uninstaller or The App Cleaner & Uninstaller to ensure your computer is free of all Kaspersky components. However, Kaspersky removal tools make it easier to uninstall the software. If you are looking for more information on how you can customize or refresh your Mac, make sure you visit our blog for more helpful tips, tricks, and advice.