Fix 1: Use the Setting panel to activate the mic
- Go to the taskbar & select the setting.
- Click on the “sound”
- Now select the “sound control panel”
- A dialogue panel will appear. Select “Recording”
Once that is done, you should see “Stereo Mix.” then go to the properties and then click “Enable.” Once you set it as your default device, you can use it on other voice programs and for streaming or playing music to others online.
Sometime Stereo Mix or Rec is not shown you in this window because maybe the sound card is not installed or Sound card is not supported In such a case, you may need to install a sound card or in some cases, simply downgrade your card driver to an older version.
Fix 2: Enable recording to play music through mic
- Click the audio icon in your taskbar and open sound settings and select the “Recording device”
- Ensure that both Cable Input and Cable Output are enabled under “Playback” and “Recording” respectively.
- After checking the cables. Go to the sound settings. Click
- “Properties “and enable Recording and “Play black”
Fix 3 :Use ViscoMeter & Soundbar
You can also play music through mic using a Voice meter and a soundbar.you can also use virtual sound cables. The good thing about this method is that it is very and completely free. The first thing you will need to do is to download the ViscoMeeter and EXP Soundboard and install these softwares. Once that is done, you can follow the steps below:
- Right-click the audio icon on your taskbar and select “Playback Devices”
- The VoiceMeeter Input and Output should be enabled.
- There is the possibility that you may not get to see them by default.
- Right-click on a blank space and select both “Show Disabled Devices” and “Show Disconnected Devices.”
- First enabled all the devices. Then go to the next step.
- Select “Recording” and right-click ViscoMeeter Output and then select Default Device to make it
- The next thing to do is to move to EXP Soundboard. After opening the program, select VoiceMeeter Input for 1st Output and then Cable Output (VB-Audio Virtual Cable) for the 2nd Output.
- Go ahead on Voice Meeter to select your mic for 1st HARDWARE INPUT and then for A1 HARDWARE OUT select your main speaker.
With that, you are pretty much set to go. All you need to do is to make use of your mic or upload a WAV file and play it as you open your voice application which, maybe a game, skype, or other things. Most likely, the recorded sound should be picked at the other end.
Final words :
Following the above steps that have been provided, the might be some sound settings. Go to control panel, switch to sound setting change > stereo enabled>Output&input cables must be Enable.
The solution that and the most important, the sound card is properly installed.when you performed all this step then, take a tour that it works or not.