So you’ve overclocked your GPU, and now you want to increase the power limit in MSI Afterburner, so here’s a quick guide. The power limit is a safety setting that limits how much power your graphics card can use for those who don’t know. Increasing the power limit allows your card to draw more power and hopefully achieve higher clock speeds.
So without further ado, let’s get started!
Also read: How The Internet Relates To WiFi
How to Increase Power Limit in MSI Afterburner: Ultimate Guide
If you want to know how to increase the power limit in MSI Afterburner, there are a few different methods that you can use. Here are 4 methods that you can use to increase the power limit in MSI Afterburner:
Method 1: Use Slider To Increase The Power Limit
If you want to increase the power limit on your MSI Afterburner, you can use the slider. Click on the “Settings” tab and scroll down to the “Power Limit” option. You can use the slider to increase the limit as desired. Keep in mind that increasing the power limit will also increase the amount of heat generated by your graphics card, so consider this when deciding.
You can also increase the power limit by overclocking your graphics card. Overclocking will cause your card to run at a higher speed than its stock settings, and this will, in turn, increase the amount of heat it generates. If you’re not comfortable with overclocking, you may want to consider increasing the power limit instead. Either way, you’ll be able to get more out of your MSI Afterburner by using its power limit slider.
Method 2: Use The. Cfg File To Increase Power Limit
This guide will show you how to use the .cfg file to increase your power limit in MSI Afterburner.
1. First, open up the .cfg file in a text editor such as Notepad.
2. Find the line that says “PowerLimit=” and change the number after the equals sign to your desired power limit.
3. Save the file and close it.
4. Launch MSI Afterburner and go to the “Settings” tab.
5. Under the “General” settings, ensure the “Enable low-level hardware access” option is checked.
6. Click “OK” to save your changes and close the Settings window.
7. You should now see your new power limit in the “Power Limit” slider under the “General” tab.
You’ve now increased your power limit in MSI Afterburner. Also, make Msi Afterburner start with windows to make things easier.
Method 3: Use A Software Modification
If you want to increase the power limit on your MSI Afterburner, you can do so by using a software modification. It will allow you to increase the amount of power that your graphics card can draw, which can help improve its performance.
- You’ll first need to download and install the Afterburner Mod application. It can be found for free on many websites that offer Afterburner modifications.
- Once you have Afterburner Mod installed, launch it and click on the “Mods” tab. Find the “Power Limit Mod” and click on it to select it.
- Now, click on the “Enable” button to activate the power limit mod. You’ll then need to restart MSI Afterburner for the change to take effect.
- Once MSI Afterburner is restarted, you’ll be able to increase the power limit on your graphics card by clicking on the “Settings” tab and then selecting the “Power Limit” option. You can now increase the power limit to your desired level.
Increasing the power limit on your graphics card can help improve its performance, especially in games or other applications that require a lot of graphical power. A software modification can increase the power limit to a suitable level for your needs and hardware.
Method 4: Use An Aftermarket Bios
There are a couple of ways to increase the power limit on your graphics card using MSI Afterburner. One uses an aftermarket BIOS, and the other is to edit the settings manually.
If you have an aftermarket BIOS for your graphics card, you can increase the power limit by editing the settings in the BIOS. To do this, you will need to open MSI Afterburner and go to the settings menu. Under the ‘General’ tab, there is an option for ‘Afterburner.cfg file location’. It is where you will need to specify the location of your aftermarket BIOS file.
Once you have located the file, you can open it up and edit the power limit settings. The limit will be specified in watts, so you must ensure that you enter the correct value. Once you have finished editing the file, save it and restart your computer. Your graphics card should now have a higher power limit.
If you don’t have an aftermarket BIOS for your graphics card, you can still increase the power limit by editing the settings manually. To do this, you will need to open MSI Afterburner and go to the settings menu. Under the ‘Global’ tab, there is an option for ‘Power limit.’ It is where you can enter the desired power limit for your graphics card.
Once you have entered the new power limit, save the changes and restart your computer. Your graphics card should now have a higher power limit.
In this article, we have shown you how to increase the power limit in MSI Afterburner. We have also discussed a few things you need to keep in mind.
Enabling the power limit can help you achieve higher clock speeds and better performance in games and other applications. However, it is important to ensure that your system can handle the increased power consumption. Make sure to monitor your system closely when increasing the power limit.