Discord is the most popular voice, and bot app specially featured for gamers. It can work on all kinds of operating systems like Windows and macOS etc. It helps in making text and audio-visual communication between players. But sometimes discord not working correctly. That’s why, user-facing issues like discord mic not working, discord screen share audio not working, discord not working on iPad, and YouTube and discord not working, etc.
Don’t be fed up! Here we have a bunch of solutions for you. Are you ready to solve this annoying issue? Want to please your game? Let us make a start with various solutions.
Discord not working on PC? |Try 10 Best Ever Solutions|
Sometimes, Discord not working in window 10. So to fix this issue, we have mentioned below some proven methods that would help you to encounter this issue quickly.
Let’s check the key solutions to fix Discord not working issue.
Solution 1: Complete the Discord Drop Operation
However, this solution is simple, but it has a high success rate against discord not working and is approved by a number of users. Check the steps below:
- Press Windows + R.
- Enter the cmd and click OK.
- The displayed cmd window shows and writes script as taskkill / F / IM discord.exe.
- When the process is over, restart it.
You may also be done the same thing with Task Manager.
Ctrl + Alt + Del> Select Task Manager> Search discord file in Task Manager> Click> End Task> restart the system again.
Solution 2: Clear App Data and Default App Data
Make your computer clean from all kinds of app data while discord not working.
- Connect to solution as above mentioned to close discord file.
- Press Windows + R and type ٪appdata%. Then press Enter to start the process.
- In the new message window that appears on the screen, search and delete it completely.
- Now you can also repeat the above solution of deleting or clearing local app data by entering the following commands: %localappdata% instead of %appdata% that comes in step 2 mentioned above.
Solution 3: Check Proxy on Window 10
In most cases, VPN won’t let you open and work discord on Windows 10. If you are using a proxy or VPN with discord, it may also cause discord not working.
To disable the proxy, check the following steps:
- Write Control Panel in the search and press Enter key.
- Click on Network & Internet> Internet Options.
- Open the Internet Properties window. Click the Connections tab.
- In the Network Settings, click on LAN Settings.
- Unchecked Proxy Server and use a proxy server for the LAN.
- Click OK, and then click Apply.
- Restart the discord.
The problem should be resolved now.
Solution 4: Automate Date/Time to Fix Discord
- Automatically set the date and time of Windows. It worked in some cases. Right-click the date and time at the bottom right of the screen> click Adjust date/time> automatically set the time.
Solution 5: Update Windows, For an Updated Discord Version
It’s better to keep the system up to date. Try to make an update of discord. In some reported cases, that’s the primary fix to start discord’s working.
Solution 6: Online Log in Improvements in Discord
Open the web version of discord. Promote discord on your PC> If you can’t open the app, go to the web version, and login with your credentials, the discord not working will be gone.
Related: Worried about NVIDIA Control Panel? Try 10 Best Solutions!
- As a last option, uninstall and install discord again.
How to Fix Discord not Working during Installation
Discords can cause a variety of problems and are often associated with corrupted files. Fortunately, we’ve found some ways to handle incompatibilities and teach you how to resolve inconsistencies in discord working after the installation.
Step 1: Delete Discord Overlay From Computer
- Press keys Ctrl + Shift + Esc on the system. Otherwise, Task Manager should be started.
- Keep in mind you are on the Process tab and search for items related to deletion.
- Select all-recursive routes, and then select Quit.
- Exit Task Manager.
- Check the taskbar menu and click on the search.
- Type on screen “Control Panel” and press Enter to run.
- Checked the Uninstall program in the Ram section.
- Right-click on Discord file and select Remove/Delete.
Step 2: Remove Duplicate Pending Files
- Press Windows + R on the keyboard to process the Run dialog.
- When the Run dialog window starts, enter “٪ appdata ٪” and click “OK.”
- Now delete the ٪ Local App Data ٪ / Delete, and ٪ App Data ٪ / Delete folders when viewing.
- Reboot your computer.
- Try to keep raw files of again installations after completing the above steps.
Additional/General Troubleshooting with Discord not Working
If you recently added a Windows update. If so, remove the latest update package to avoid irregularities. Move towards there steps:
- Press Windows + I on the keyboard to open the Settings app.
- Click Update and Security menu, and click Windows Update in the left pane.
- Go to the right pane and select Show Update Date.
- Make a click here to remove the update.
- In the new bar, check the recently installed update, right-click it and choose Install.
- After un-installation of the Windows, Update file to install discord.
Helpful: Apex Legends Won’t Launch: Try 9 Proven Solutions
Many people prefer to use discord voice and chat features while playing games for better communication. However, it carries malfunctioning, i.e., discord not working. Just like other software, discord not working is not new. If there can be reasons for discord not working, we suggested you above most asking solutions with discord not working.