Wondering how you can donate on Twitch to appreciate and support your favorite streamers? If so, then stay tuned till the end because this article will elaborate on each and every aspect that you need to know in detail and in the easiest way. So, let’s dive deeper into the things and discuss the most feasible ways to make donations, whether they are in the form of money or bits.
What is Twitch?
Twitch is an American live streaming platform. It was founded in 2011 as a spin-off of the platform Justin.tv with gaming as its main priority. It was bought by Amazon, worth $970 million in 2014. Since its launch, Twitch has gained more and more popularity over the years.
Twitch provides a platform for video games live-streaming in addition to broadcasts of music, Esports competitions, creative content, and much more. You can find so much related to your hobbies or interest. At the same time, Twitch provides you with the opportunity to connect with people across the world with whom you share common interests.
How Twitch function?
When you are watching a broadcast or live stream on Twitch, there is a split-screen that allows you to see the screen of the streamer. At the same time, you can watch and hear the streamers playing the games in full action with the aid of a small window located on the edge of their streams.
Streamers can earn sales commissions by providing the links on streams to purchase the games. They can also gain benefits by selling the products correlated with their streams through affiliate links.
Viewers have the freedom to make suggestions, comment, and ask questions. An additional advantage is that the streams are saved, so you can easily access and enjoy them if you have missed your favorite one.
How to Donate Money on Twitch?
Donations are a primary means of earning for streamers and a way through which viewers can show their encouragement. Donations reduce financial stress on the streamers, and they come up with more high-quality content. The majority of the streamers receive their donations through credit cards, Streamlabs or PayPal. If you want to generously donate money on Twitch as a token of appreciation, follow the steps below.
- Open the website of Twitch and log in to your account.
- Navigate the channel of the streamer to whom you are interested in donating.
- Scroll down the channel to locate the donation link and click on that.
- Once you click on the link, you will be automatically directed to the page where you can donate money.
- Fill out every detail in the boxes available on the page and click on ‘Donate’.
- It will direct you to a page where you can submit information pertaining to your payment.
This is all you have to do, and you are done!
How to Donate Bits on Twitch?
As Twitch provides a platform for live streaming, the streamers at times need support to keep the ball rolling. The viewers can donate money or bits to assist their favorite streamers. Some viewers don’t consider money donations to be always the most favorable option and don’t prefer it. So, for such people, Twitch has introduced its own currency called ‘bits’. Cheering is the process of donating bits. In the Twitch world, bits are functioning like money. If you are interested in donating to a streamer on Twitch, you can acquire bits from Twitch officials by using your credit on your amazon account.
The steps that need to be followed to donate bits on Twitch are listed below. Follow these, and you are done with your donation!
- Open the official website of Twitch and log in if you have not already signed in.
2. If you have already signed in, then navigate your favorite streamer to whom you want to render the assistance.
3. Carry on with the process and open the channel of the streamer.
4. You will see a down arrow next to ‘Get Bits’. Either you can click on that, or the other thing that you can do is locate the diamond-shaped icon in the chatbox and click on it.
5. After doing this, you will see that a menu has popped up on the screen. From there, you are supposed to select the number of bits that you desire to purchase.
6. The next step is to sign in to your Amazon account and finalize the payment by clicking on the pay now button.
7. Now go back to the page of your favorite streamer.
8. In the shat window, type ‘cheer’, and then you need to specify the number of bits that you want to donate next to it, for example, cheer100. It manifests that you want to donate 100 bits to the streamer.
How to Add a Donate Button on Twitch?
If you are a streamer and want the donation process to become a lot easier for your viewers, you can go for options such as adding a donate button on Twitch.
Follow the guidelines given below to set up a donate button on Twitch.
You need to have a donation link prior to adding a donation button. So, for that, you can use PayPal or Streamlabs.
- After setting up an account and procuring a link, the next thing that you have to do is to log in to your account.
2. Once you have logged in to your Twitch account, you will see a profile icon in the upper right corner; click on that, a drop-down menu will appear showing different options.
3. Click on ‘Channel’ from the drop-down menu.
4. Click on ‘about’ showing up on the next screen.
5. Turn on the Edit Panels option located on the bottom left of the screen.
6. Scroll down to navigate a large box with the plus sign and then click on it.
7. A new panel will pop up; add description, title, and donation link in it.
8. Click on add image and then insert a suitable image of your choice. Click on ‘done.
9. The last and final step is to click on the ‘submit’ button.
You will see the donate button once you refresh the page.
How to Donate on Twitch Mobile?
Twitch bits can be donated to streamers using mobile. It requires a few steps listed below:
- In the chatbox, navigate for the icon of bits located at the bottom right of the screen. Then opt for the cheermote as per your desire.
2. Choose the number of bits you want to donate from the recommended amounts or enter your own amount.
3. Once you are done with the selection process, click send. That’s it.
How to Donate on Twitch without PayPal?
If you are on the outlook for ways to donate your loved streamers on Twitch but without PayPal, then the best possible method is to make the donation through bits. You can purchase bits online directly through your Amazon account.
The method for making donations through bits has been elaborated above in detail. Bits are the most exciting way to tip a streamer. You can even send them at the time of watching live-streaming in the chatbox, and they will appear as different forms of animations conditional to the number of bits you have donated.
Streamers work really hard, and it takes a big deal of time to produce exceptional content. Donating to streamers using the Twitch platform is a great way to acknowledge their efforts and appreciate their content. It supports them financially so they can invest their full time and come up with even better content.
The article enlists the most feasible methods to donate on Twitch which can be implemented in no time. So, go ahead with your donations!