If you are a game lover then you may know about the online interactive streaming platform Twitch which is highly in demand. Whether you’re a gamer or someone who enjoys live streaming, Twitch delivers it all. You can play games, broadcast recordings, participate in live chat, and find everything you desire.
Though it has attracted the attention of a younger generation due to its exciting features, it has a significant drawback. Streaming is frequently interrupted by unwanted ads. However, if you’d like to watch ad-free streams, you can block ads on Twitch.
The Biggest Worry for Twitch Users
Twitch has the same popularity as Youtube. Similar to YouTube, Twitch generates revenue through advertising and subscriptions. However, Twitch has a major problem. A great deal of advertising is displayed at the beginning and during the streaming process.
The presence of so many advertisements makes viewers and subscribers bored and irritated. Aside from this issue, people don’t want to quit while streaming or ruin their viewing experience. In such a situation, the best thing to do is learn how to block Twitch ads.
These adverts are unskippable. Due to this, either you have to watch them, or you have to subscribe to Twitch. Due to this, either you have to watch them, or you have to subscribe to Twitch. Nevertheless, this subscription works only for specific channels you’ve already subscribed to. Ultimately, it isn’t an authentic solution. Therefore, you need a proper solution to block Twitch ads for ad-free viewing of video streams.
So, let us start learning about Twitch ads.
Main Categories of Twitch ads
- Static: On-page static advertisements interrupt the user while exploring a website over and over again.
- Video Ads: These ads frequently pop up before and mid of the Livestreaming sessions. In media terminology, they are called pre-rolls and mid-rolls.
Classification of Twitch Ads
The Twitch ads can be classified into four sections as per their status.
- Ads you can block easily.
- Unblockable ads.
- Ads that are pretty hard to block.
- VoD ads in the video on demand.
How to Block Easily Blockable Twitch Ads
You can easily block these kinds of Twitch ads because they are usually banners. You can use any ad blocker software to turn off such types of Twitch ads. It is possible to turn off these Twitch advertisements when using Firefox or Opera by adjusting the “settings” menu.
How to Deal with Unblockable Twitch Ads
Due to the fact that these Twitch ads are added by the users who stream their videos, you cannot block them. Ads of this type are controlled by advertisers. Their streaming is filled with unwanted advertisements, which are not controllable. Though these ads are helpful for streamers, they may seem weird to viewers.
How to Block the Twitch Ads Which are Pretty Hard to Block
Such ads are frequently shown on Twitch. It depends on the situation whether you can block or not. In order to enjoy ad-free streams, you must use some paid software.
How to Block VoDs Ads
Sometimes, streamers do not insert ads in their live streaming but add them in videos on demand. Basically, they don’t want their live broadcasts to become annoying to their viewers. This is why they play them on video on demand. A larger volume and a more significant number of ads are being shown. Everyone wants to get rid of them for that reason. The following guide will show you how to block ads on Twitch.
Different Effective Ways to Block Ads on Twitch
Different types of software are used to block ads on Twitch. These are,
- uBlock Origin
- Streamlink extension
- Alternative Platform
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Besides this, there are other methods to have an ad-free Twitch streaming. These are,
- Twitch Prime
- Twitch Turbo
Method 1: Block ads via AdBlock
You can block Twitch ads using this open-source, easy, and popular method. In addition to Chrome, it also works well with Microsoft Edge, Firefox, and Opera. Open Chrome and type on the address bar,
Install the AdBlock extension, then go to settings; you will find general options here, Click here and click on Enable hiding of streaming ads on Twitch. Then restart your browser.
AdBlock can’t block all the Twitch ads, but it is effective enough to keep you away from so many ads and show a black screen at the time of an ad if you are not finding AdBlock Helpful for you. You may be using.
- An outdated AdBlock extension
- Poor Network service of Chrome
- Usage of filters of AdBlock extension is non-optimal
- Easy to install
- Unable to block pre-roll and mid-roll
- It might sell your data
Method 2: Blocking Ads via AdLock
It is difficult for ad-blocking software to block all Twitch ads. However, AdLock’s comprehensive ad blockers software will fulfill your needs. This is a great free ad blocker that works well across a wide range of devices such as Chrome, Safari, macOS, iOS, and Androids. Let’s take a look at the next trick.
- Download AdLock app
- Install it and then launch the AdLock application
- Check for updates and make sure you have its latest updates form
Click on the top right option, select check updates, and stop updating.
Enable HTTPS filtering and follow the next instructions.
That’s how you can use AdLock to block unwanted Twitch ads. This software helps you to keep you away from ads on windows as well as on mobile.
- Partially free ad blocker
- Work effectively for a wide range of devices
- Detects spam links and scams and warns you about them
- Blocking ads of all categories through the pro version
Method 3: Block Twitch Ads via AdGuard
Are you still facing ads interrupting while watching the videos of your interest? I have another solution for you to try. You cannot get rid of all the ads. So let us learn how to block ads on Twitch by using the AdGuard app.
AdGuard is one of the most reliable and popular ad blockers software that works effectively to block Twitch ads while you are enjoying live streaming or watching your favorite movie. The first and foremost feature is it’s available for free.
In addition, it has numerous privacy and security features that can be easily accessed and configured, such as an anti-phishing filter, an anti-malware filter, and a cookie destroyer that deletes third-party cookies after a predetermined period.
- An array of exciting features, such as the ability to delete cookies and protect yourself against phishing
- Free forever from now on
- Blocks Twitch ads and other video ads of multiple sites
- It’s not possible to run both VPN and Adguard simultaneously
Adguard extension works well on all browsers like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Firefox, Safari, Yandex Browser, Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android devices.
AdGuard for Windows
- First of all, Download AdGuar for Windows
- Install it manually by the instructions given
- Then Run your installed program and turn on the ad block button on the screen.
- Check-in Enable ad blocking
AdGuard for Andriod
- Download the AdGuard app for Andriod ad-free streaming
- Install the app by following the instructions
- Open your AdGuard App and go to Settings. Within the AdGuard setting, go to Network.
- Within Network, click on HTTPS filtering and Enable it.
- In the last, Enter your password and click ok.
AdGuard for macOS
- For macOS devices, get a start with installing AdGuard and install it
- Go to setting and Enable Protection ON.
AdGuard for iPhone
- Download the AdGuard app for iOS
- Go to the settings of your iPhone, click on Safari, and click on content blockers in general.
- Allow AdGuard to block content
Method 4: Block ads via uBlock origin
For better ad blocking, use uBlock Origin, a free, open-source extension compatible with various browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Opera.
Twitch frequently shuts down ad blockers, and they won’t block pre-roll or mid-roll video ads.
With the help of uBlock origin, you can stop disturbing ads.
- Download and install the uBlock origin HTTPS extension
- Allow uBlock Origin to access your browser and stop ads
- Open Source
- A simple installation process
- Unable to block pre-roll ads and mid-roll ads
- Twitch close it down frequently
Method 5: Block Ads via Streamlink
Streamline is a command-line application. It works in such a way that you get ad-free videos. Streamlink extract videos from streams and play them through an external media player. It works with various media players, but the most compatible is the VLC media player.
- Google Streamlink
- Click on Releases Streamlink GitHub
- Scroll down to the download option and download its extension file
- Click on the downloaded extension file and install it according to the instructions. Click next and open it
- To see the ad-free video, you need a VLC media player
- After completing All configurations, You will be able to see the ad-free and buffer-free video.
- Safe to use
- Excellent and supportive Twitch ad blocker
- Unable to clip things
Method 6: Use Twitchls to Block Twitch ads
Twitchls is an open source platform that automatically redirects the Twitch streams to Twichls. You can open the Twitch stream directly or press 5 to do it redirect. It also has a menu button or toolbar that enables you to redirect it manually.
Despite its capabilities, this still has some restrictions regarding blocking Twitch ads. The stream’s chat is still accessible, but rewards based on interaction are blocked.
Primarily, it prevents you from accessing Twitch drops and channel points. Logging into Twitchls with your Twitch ID allows you to access chat.
You should make some changes to the Twitch Url.
- Original twitch URL: twitch.Tv/any desired channel name
- You should replace (.tv) with (ls.com)
- The new URL would be: twitchls.com/any desired channel name
- You would get access to the third-party site that is free of ads
- Open Source
- Easy to access
- Restrict Twitch drops and channel points
- Twitch ads will not disappear completely
- Buffering of Twitch streams can occur
Method 7: Twitch Alternatives Platform
Unlike Twitch, Multistre.am is a streaming platform that automatically blocks all Twitch ads.
The downside of Multistre.am is that it isolates you from the Twitch platform while reliably blocking Twitch ads. Neither Twitch Drops nor Channel Points can be earned, and you can’t interact with the streamer’s chat.
Despite its additional features, you would be experiencing the Twitch ‘Purple Screen of death’ pop-up frequently.
- The easy and quickest way to avoid ads
- Open source
- It is impossible to earn Channel Points
- There are no Twitch Drops available to you
- Interact with Twitch chat will be restricted
Method 8: Virtual Private Network (VPN)
A VPN is also an effective way to avoid Twitch’s annoying ads. The Virtual Private Network (VPN) lets you connect to a server from anywhere in the world, virtually changing your location. It lets you change your IP address, so Twitch thinks you’re in a different country as opposed to the country you’re actually in.
There are differences in Twitch’s advertising policies across countries, with some, like Poland and Pakistan, excluding all types of advertising. With the help of a VPN, you can change your IP location to one of these countries in order to permanently remove Twitch ads.
In addition, VPNs offer enhanced privacy and security when surfing the web. Although this method is highly effective and best for Twitch ad blocking, it usually requires some subscription fees.
Twitch users may find ExpressVPN, NordVPN, and CyberGhost to be excellent options. Although all VPNs are premium, there will be a cost associated with them. NordVPN can block only on-page Twitch ads, but ExpressVPN and CyberGhost premium plans allow you to block all Twitch ads.
How to Block All Ads on Twitch
- Install the application on your device after you subscribe to ExpressVPN or CyberGhost
- Choose one of the server locations in the table below while opening the VPN client.
- Make sure the VPN connection is enabled.
- Click on the Twitch icon on the top left corner of your web browser
- Twitch is now ad-free
- It can be used on any browser
- Capable of blocking all types of on-page, pre-rolls, and mid-rolls Twitch ads
- Loads the page at a fast speed
- Secures and protects online data
- Streams can be buffered when connected to a distant server
- Costs associated with quality VPNs can be high
Method 9: Block Ads via Twitch Prime
The Twitch Prime video streaming service allows you to watch ad-free videos. If you subscribe to Twitch Prime, you will be able to watch one channel without advertisements. Moreover, you won’t have to pay any extra fees to block Twitch ads with Twitch Prime.
In addition to enjoying many more benefits, you will feel like you are a partner of the channel you subscribe to. So, let us learn how we can subscribe to Twitch Prime.
If you are a member of Amazon Prime, follow these instructions.
- Search for Twitchprime.com
- Link your Twitch account to your Amazon account
- When your Amazon account is connected to Twitch Prime, you will be able to get the benefits of Twitch Prime.
If you are not a member of Amazon Prime, follow these instructions.
- Go to Twitchprime.com
- Make sure that you have entered your correct country
- Create an Amazon account
- Attach it to your Twitch Prime and get started enjoying your Twitch without any ad.
Method 10: Block Ads via Twitch Turbo
Twitch Turbo is the latest update on Twitch. For those who are struggling to get rid of unwanted ads, Twitch Turbo is a hope-filled method. There is no free version of Twitch Turbo subscription. Definitely! A monthly subscription costs $8.99. It is the most recommended way to block intrusive ads and watch live streams on Twitch.
- Twitch.tv and Twitch App have no ads (apart from ads embedded within content)
- Includes many other additional features
- The Twitch Subscription fee is $8.99 per month
- Integrated with your Twitch account (you must be logged in etc.)
Different sites have numerous ways to block ads, but Twitch is more challenging. To help you get rid of all the annoying ads and enjoy your videos and games without being distracted, we have provided you with the best solutions. Pick the one that can meet your requirements the best.