Your google chrome is freezing all the time, but you don’t know what’s wrong with it? Do not overthink. You can fix this issue on your own within just a few minutes by using these quick fixes.
Isn’t it stress-busting for you? It must be!
Before trying these fixes, first, you have to know why your google chrome is kept freezing?
Try to find out reasons;
Table of Contents
Why is my google chrome freezing?
There are some frustrating reasons why this issue happened and how to fix it.
Let’s find out the reasons first;
- When you open many tabs and systems on your Chrome simultaneously and repeatedly, it crashes your Chrome.
- Due to Malware and virus, your Chrome keeps freezing all the time.
- Apps and some chrome extensions crash your google chrome, and it starts freezing because it uses a lot of memory.
These are the common causes of the chrome freezing problem. Now let’s jump straight on Solutions to this problem.
How do I stop Chrome from freezing?
Google Chrome freezes or crashes on many systems, including Windows 10 as well.
Not to worry. Here are the quick solutions.
Fix.1 Close your Chrome Properly
When you close the tabs repeatedly over time, Chrome stops working and starts freezing or crashing. Because the tabs are not closed properly, they are still in process.
So the solution is,
- Right-click on the taskbar and select the option Task Manager.
- You will see in the process tabs that all the tabs of Chrome are still running in the memory.
- Right-click on the top google process and click on End Task.
It will close all running tabs on Chrome and restart Chrome again. It will fix this problem.
Fix.2 Check your Internet Connection
If Google Chrome keeps freezing over and over again, it might be your internet connection doesn’t work properly.
Try to check the connection first;
- Click on the Start option from the menu
- Now type Network Status in a bar
- Click on Network status system settings.
- Check properly that the network status is You are connected to the internet.
If there is a network issue, try to connect your internet and restart your Chrome to check if it works.
Fix.3 Remove all Chrome extensions
When you are using poor extensions on your Chrome, it causes Chrome to crash or freeze. You don’t know which extension is crashing your Chrome, so the best way is to remove all chrome extensions and enable them one by one according to your need.
- In URL bar, type chrome://extensions/ and then click on Enter.
- It will open the extensions page. Now remove all extensions from this page.
- After that reboot, Google Chrome
- Now again, type in the URL bar chrome://extensions/ and click on Enter.
- Enable extensions one at a time and reboot google Chrome.
After following these steps, your Chrome will never freeze or crash.
Fix.4 Try Malware Scanner
Sometimes there might have Malware, so that it will corrupt the operations in Chrome. The solution is, use an anti-malware scanner on your computer to fix this malware problem.
Follow these steps;
- Open Chrome and click on settings.
- Now scroll down and select the option
- Open all settings and click on the Reset and clean up
- Now click on Clean up computer.
- After following these steps, it will open a new window to install a chrome Malware scanner.
- Click on the Find option to start this scanner.
This solution will fix your chrome freezing issue; if it’s not, try another one.
Fix.5 Remove all Poor Applications
Some applications are incompatible with google chrome, so Chrome detects these bad applications and lists them in chrome settings because it causes chrome freezing.
First, check if there are bad apps;
- Open Chrome and then click on settings.
- Now scroll down and select option Advanced and open settings.
- After that, scroll down to the Reset and clean up option
- If there are any poor applications, then you see an option to Update or remove incompatible applications.
- Click this option and remove incompatible applications from your PC.
Now your Chrome starts working properly.
Fix.6 Reinstall Google Chrome
Sometimes reinstalling Chrome will work instantly when your google chrome crashes or freezes.
Follow these simple steps;
- Click on the start in the menu, now type Control Panel and select it.
- Open Control Panel and select Programs & Features.
- Now select Chrome in the list of programs and right-click on it, click on Uninstall.
- After that, reinstall your Chrome and Rerun.
When google chrome is completely reinstalled, it will work without freezing.
Fix.7 Reboot chrome settings
If the above solutions all fail, then try to reboot all chrome settings to refresh all settings. Because sometimes, wrong settings in Chrome keeps it freezing or crashing all the time.
Fix this issue by rebooting Chrome.
- Open Chrome and click on settings.
- Now scroll down and select the option Advanced and open settings. After that, scroll down and open the Reset and clean up option.
- Now click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- It will open a new window with a warning message; all settings will reset, and click on Reset settings to continue chrome settings to reset.
These steps will solve your issue of chrome freezing.
Fix.8 Hardware Acceleration
If you are still facing your Chrome keep freezing, then try to disable the Hardware Acceleration option from settings. It will solve your problem quickly and offloads all heavy graphical tasks.
- Open Menu
- Click on the Advanced option from settings.
- Now disable Use hardware acceleration where available from the list.
Your Google Chrome will start working and without any disturbance.
These are the best eight solutions to fix the chrome freezing problem. You are welcome to add your suggestions below to let us know if these fixes resolve your issue.
If you need more help, do let us know, we will do our best to help you.
- |Updated| Discord not Working? Try 10 Best Ever Solutions
- How to Fix Nintendo Wii Error Code 51330 Immediately