Imagine you are playing the game, then suddenly something went wrong. Definitely, you will be totally pissed off. An annoying situation comes to exist while playing a game.
Although, playing a game on a PC, laptop or mobile is the best way to burn time. People love to play games on it. They spend most of their free moment enjoying video games.
So, if you are playing a game on Minecraft suddenly an error pop up, that is “Minecraft not responding”.
Then how would you handle the situation? No Idea! Well, don’t be panic, In this article, we will show you how can you handle the situation professionally.
Table of Contents
What Are the Causes of Minecraft is not Responding?
It is a sandbox game. Many people complain that they face an error while opening the game. But the fact is that the players have been faced plenty of errors and bugs while playing a game.
Minecraft becomes unresponsive for many reasons. Many errors stop the game from booting up properly.
If you see a message “Minecraft is not responding” then it will be the possibility of some causes.
Let’s break each element down.
Java version is not updated
Yes, the main reason can be this. Java program is used to run Minecraft properly. Furthermore, this perhaps causes the game crashing. If the Java version is not updated or not installed properly on your computer. It may be the reason that Minecraft is not responding.
The window is not updated
Yes, it might be possible. As it is a necessary component to run an operating system. As the Minecraft runs on a computer. So, might be there is a problem in the window or the window is not updated. As a result, Minecraft does not respond properly. You cannot run Minecraft on your computer if you have any issues with your computer’s window.
Old Version of Minecraft
Minecraft’s developers update their version every now and then. It introduces new features and also errors fixing features. If you have an old edition, it will be the cause of the error.
Corrupt Minecraft Installation
Some cases are seen in which Minecraft installation is corrupted or incomplete. It can be if you do not install the Minecraft properly or you moved it to another storage.
It is also another cause of the error. If the video drivers are not updated or may be incomplete. You might get the error.
If you connect the game through the mods then disable it and launch the game again. It changes the behavior of the game. Open Minecraft in an administrator account: Some people run Minecraft through an administrator account. In some cases, the administrator account does not allow to run the Minecraft.
How to fix ‘Minecraft is not responding’ Error?
There are some sharp and straightforward solutions to fix the error of Minecraft.
The heart winning point?
All the following solutions are proven and easy to attempt, Lets get to it
Method 1: Up to date Java version
Java keeps different types of file which are used to run applications as well as games. If the game is not running properly or freezing or not responding, find out the version of your OS 32 or 64. Check the version of Java or install it completely.
Follow the following simple steps to do it
1. Right-click on the Pc icon and go to the properties options
2.Open the system type. Find out the type of operating system installed on your computer. From here you can learn the version of java. Once you get to know about the version, you can install it from the official Java site.
3. Update the Java installation process
4. In this step, open the folder and then copy the file version folder
5. Now hold on the Windows key + E to lunch Window Explorer and navigate to the following path
6. Paste the Java file version that you have copied before
7. After this process, open the Minecraft mod manager and click on Edit file
8. Now select the file that you have downloaded. Open the folder and copy the file version
9. To complete the last step, restart your Pc and open Minecraft
Check the problem is resolved or still there. If it still shows “Minecraft is not responding” move to the second method.
Method 2: Update the Windows
As it is said that the window is the main operating system in which Minecraft runs. If the Windows version is not updated, most of your applications can not work properly. So we recommend you install the latest Windows OS updates.
For this, you have to do the following steps.
1. Hold the Windows key+ S type “update” in the dialogue box and open the application
2. Now setting will appear and click on Check for Updates button.
3. After clicking on the button wait for a while Windows is looking for available updates. If there will be any updates available then click on the install updates button
4. In the last restart your computer.
Still, struggling with annoying errors? Don’t worry we’re not ended yet. Let’s dive into the next step
Method 3: Reinstall or update Minecraft
If the above solution does not work then check the updates of Minecraft. First, check the updates that are available to update the game Minecraft.
For this :
1. You need to start Minecraft Launcher first
2. Press the options button and then select the username
3. Then go to the Force Update button.
4. After installing or updating Minecraft restart your computer and try to open the game.
If the game did not run after the updating and left the startup the screen. We suggest you remove the game from the computer and download the game again.
1. Press Windows + R simultaneously, type %appdata%.mincraft, and click on ok
2. Search the Minecraft then right-click, and uninstall it.
3. After the deleting, restart your computer. Now go to the official site of Minecraft to install it again and you’re ready to go.
4. Before installing the game press the Windows + R type %appdata% and press Enter. A box will be introduced in which you see the name of three folders. Delete all the folder one by one and restart the computer.
Method 4: Run the Minecraft in Administrator account:
When you run a game as an administrator you don’t need permission. You don’t face the problem of the usage of resources.
However, it might not be true in some cases. So you have to login in as an administrator on the computer.
1. Point to the main location where Minecraft is installed and where the main game exists
2. Right-click and select the properties
3. Choose the Compatibility option and mark the option Run this program as an administrator
4. Click on Apply.
Voila , you’re all done.Go back and check your computer for error.
Method 5: Disabling Mods
There are many kinds of mods available on the internet. Those are very popular in the Minecraft game.
Mods are very useful while playing games as it provides different textures to the players. Although it is also said that they are known to conflict with the game’s machines.
Therefore, we recommend you, disable all the mods installed on your Minecraft. You can disable them or move them from the Minecraft folder to another. But remember, after every action you have to restart the computer.
Method 6: Updating Video drivers
If all the above methods did not help you, we suggest you update the video driver. If you have old version drivers on your computer then you are no able to play Minecraft properly.
Although there are two ways to update the video drivers. You can download it through the website or manually as explained below.
1. Right-click on the start menu and then choose Device Manager
2. Enhance the Display Adapters
3. Right-click on the graphics card driver and select Update Driver
4. Choose the option Search automatically for updated driver software
5. Wait for a few seconds, first windows will search the latest version of the drives.
Check out your computer for the latest drivers and restart your computer again.
Method 7: Remove the Discord app
The Minecraft players use this app for communication while playing the game. Sometimes, it is possible that this app disturbs to run Minecraft game. Therefore, if you are not using this app while playing, our suggestion is to uninstall it. There are the following steps to uninstall it.
1. Hold on the three keys Ctrl +Alt+ Delete to open the Task Manager
2. Then click on startup search for the Discord app
3. Click on disable
4. After that restart the device.
If it does not work then:
1. Hold on the Windows key + R.
2. A dialogue box will be open then type appwiz.cpl and press the enter key
3. A list will be the open search for Discord and then right-click and press uninstall
END the step by restarting your system and boom you’re all set
Method 8: Hang on it
If all the above methods do not work for you, there is the last option that is “wait”. Yes, you have to just wait for it. In many cases, it has been seen that not responding errors disappear after a short time.
Well, If you can’t attempt all of the above techniques, go for some best-automated software that might help you out.
So, that was all about Minecraft, not responding error. We have gone beyond the expected to give you some proven solution to fix the problem. Share your worth opinion with us related to the topic.