Discord No Rout is the type of error that prevents the users from joining the voice channel. When you try to join a Discord voice channel, you may receive the No Route error message.
The best news?
Whether your Discord not working or you’re struggling with No Route Error, fixing these frustrating errors isn’t as hard as you might think. All you have to do is to follow the RIGHT methods, and you’re all done.
Reasons Behind Discord No Route Error?
Many discord users have complained that the following reasons could cause Discord No route error. Let’s get to it.
1. The IP Address Changed
This error occur when the IP address allocated to the PC was changed. This case is particularly with dynamic IP, which changed regularly. In this case, the best solution is to restart the Modem + Router + Computer.
2. Blacklisting in Discord by Third Party Firewall or Antivirus
In this case, Discord does not allow to maintain an outgoing connection with an outside server.
3. Blockage of Discord by Network Admin
If you are trying to use the discord in school or at work, discord may be blocked by admin.
4. Your network is unable to support QoS
Some networks do not support Quality of Service High Packet Priority. If your network is one of them, don’t worry. You can change it from the voice and video settings.
Incompatibility of server’s voice region :
Sometimes you are trying to connect to a server host on a different continent. You can fix it by asking the admin to change the server’s voice region.
5. Use of VPN without UDP:
Discord is designed so that it can not work with VNP solutions without UDP (User Datagram Protocol).
6 Easy and Quick Fixes of Discord No Route Error
We are here to tell you some easy fixes step by step to resolve No Route Error. We discuss these fixes in order, from the easiest to the difficult. A single fix can resolve the error but most of the time the combination of fixes completely resolve No Route Error.
1# Restart Every Device You Have
Constantly changing dynamic IP may disturb IPv6 connection, and you may receive the No Route error message in Discord. Don’t be panic. We are here to guide you, how can you fix it by yourself.
You just need to follow the following steps:
- Restart the Modem+ Router + Computer.
- To restart the router: unplug the power cable and, after few minutes, plugin back.
- Move cursor over the window icon to shut down your computer (I know you know it, smart guy)
Let’s connect discord voice server without error message discard RTC Connecting No Route.
2# Disable the VPN
One of the main reasons for discord No Route Error is our VPN connection. Discord is unable to run with a VPN that is without user-data protocol (UDP).
The best way to fix this issue is to disable the video and voice server. On the other hand, to use VPN, you have to contact your VPN provider, whether they have User Datagram Protocol ( UDP) or not. If they don’t have UDP, you may go for another VPN provider.
3# Uninstall Third-party Antivirus Software
Another main reason for Discord No Route Error is Overprotective Third-party antivirus Software on our computer. This software does not allow the discord to maintain Outgoing Connections.
Most users asked:
Can I fix this issue? Yes, this issue can be fixed easily, if we uninstall antivirus software.
Now we are going to guide you step by step, how can you uninstall antivirus software:
- Type Control in the Windows Cortana search box
- Click the best match Control Panel.
- Set View by Category on the upper right corner.
- Then click on Uninstall a Program under the Programs.
- Search for antivirus software
- Now, Click and uninstall antivirus software.
- Completely follow the on-screen prompt commands to uninstall the third-party antivirus software from your computer.
- Restart your computer.
Check whether Discord can connect to a new voice server without a No Route error message in Discord.
4# Disable Quality of Service High Packet Priority
Some users describe that they easily fixed this issue by disabling the Quality of Service High Packet Priority. Maybe you find this solution very helpful. So, let’s get started:
- Launch Discord client on your PC
- Then, on the bottom left corner, click on the gear icon.
- Now, go to App Settings and click on Voice & Video.
- In Quality of Service, click on Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority to switch off it.
Now re-launch the Discord client.
Again, Check whether the No Route error is fixed or not.
We hope this method fixes your error. If not? Let’s move ahead to try another method.
5# Flushing the NDS Setting
Some users noticed that the discord no user error is automatically fixed when they used a series of commands in commands prompt to reset their IP configuration. This issue may be permanently resolved or they repeat these steps regularly to avoid this error.
Following are the step by step instructions to rest the IP configuration:
- To open a Run dialog box, press enter key + R. Then, to open up an Elevated Command Prompt, type “cmd” and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- Now type the following subsequent command and press Enter:
- Once the current IP configuration has been finished, type the subsequent command and press Enter to flush the DNS:
- To renew the IP configuration, type the subsequent command.
- Now Reboot your device.
- Check whether you receive No Route error message in discord, or not.
6# Network’s Firewall settings
If your problem is not fixed until now, then Discord may be blocked by the Network’s router’s firewall. To resolve this issue:
- Lower your network’s Firewall setting.
This issue can also be resolved by switching to another network, such as your mobile phone’s hotspot.
We hope this article helps you to know how to fix RTC Connecting No Route Discord Error. If Discord says No Route, these fixes help you to resolve your problem.