Believe it or not, you become sad when you are stuck on RTC connecting in discord. While you play a game with a certain friend, this issue spoils your beautiful moment. Don’t be sad. Luckily, here are some smart strategies in this article to resolve the failure of RTC connecting.
What is RTC Connecting on Discord?
‘RTC Connecting’ on discord means a plate form that you use to join a voice call on discord. For synchronized communication, it utilizes a Real-Time Chat protocol. So the RTC Connecting’ problem is related to the network.
Discord is a reliable VoIP group-chatting Platform. It allows you to enjoy your memorable moments of life with friends through video calling, text messaging, video chatting, live game streaming, and other purposes. Early it is only used by gamers to communicate with each other, but now you can use it for every type of communication.
As the discord has a different server for various fields, you can search and choose a particular discord server for a particular purpose. Sometimes you cannot join a voice chat when discord says ‘RTC Connecting’ continuously without any improvement. In this way, this issue prevents you from joining a voice chat.
The causes of the “Discord stuck on RTC Connecting “and “Discord No Route Error“ are quite similar. So, keep reading to learn more about causes and easy solutions.
You might feel :
Why does my Discord say ‘RTC Connecting’?
Before we will jump on solutions, let’s find out the reasons behind the failure of RTC connecting.
Weak Internet Connection:
If your internet connection is unstable, then you may face this long-lasting RTC connecting issue.
This error happened when the IP address entered into the PC was changed. This case is special to dynamic IP, which is continuously changing.
Use of a VPN without UDP:
Discord is designed so that it can not support VNP solutions without UDP (User Datagram Protocol).
Your Antivirus blocks discord:
In this case, Discord unable to maintain an outgoing connection with an outside server.
Blockage of Discord by Network Admin:
If you are trying to use the discord in school or at work, a network may block discord.
Now we discuss the reasons for the discord RTC connecting issue. Let’s jump right into some clever solutions.
How to Fix Discord on ‘RTC Connecting?
Resolving the RTC problem is not a big deal. Following solutions completely help you to get out of the problem. Let’s start fixing this issue, starting from a simpler to a complex solution.
Solution 1: Connectivity issue
First of all, make sure that you don’t have an internet connection issue. For this, you need to follow these simple steps:
- Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Ask them to check your internet connection, and request them to fix it.
- Now check if the issue is resolved.
- Still, you are facing the same issue, then move forward to the next method.
Solution 2: Restart every Device you have
Constantly changing dynamic IP may disturb IPv6 connection, and you may receive the No Route error message in Discord. Don’t worry. We are here to guide you about how you can fix it by yourself.
You need to follow the following steps:
- Restart the Modem+ Router + Computer.
- To restart the router, unplug the power cable and, after a few minutes, plugin back.
- Move the cursor over the window icon to shut down your computer.
Now check the connection of the discord. If the issue is still existing, you need to move on to the next solution.
Solution 3: Turn Off Proxies
If the above fixes do not work yet, then you may find this solution fruitful.
- Go to the start menu.
- Type Internet Options.
- Hit on Internet Options in the search bar.
- Select the Connections tab.
- Now, click on LAN Settings.
- Make sure, Use a Proxy Server is unchecked, and then select OK.
Solution 4: Allow Discord Past Your Firewall
Discord must be allowed in the firewall for its proper functioning. For this task, follow some simple and easy steps:
- Press the Windows Key, and enter the Windows Defender Firewall.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall With Advanced Security.
- Hit on New Rule on the right side of the new page.
- Click Program and then hit on Next.
- Hit on Browse on the next page, using the “This Program Path ”option.
- Move through the installed location for Discord.
- Please search for the Update.exe file and select it.
- After selecting the appropriate file, hit on Next.
- Now double-click Allow this Connection.
- Again double-click Next
- Choose All boxes for Domain, Private, and Public, then double click on Next.
- Enter Discord as the name and then hit on Finish.
- Go to the Start menu once more. Enter the Windows Firewall.
- Now select Windows Defender Firewall.
- On the next page, it opens. Now select Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- A new page will appear.
- Double-click on the Change settings box first, then Scroll down to select both Private and Public.
Solution 5: Uninstall Third-party Antivirus Software
Another main reason for Discord No Route Error is Overprotective Third-party antivirus Software on your computer. This software does not allow the discord to maintain Outgoing Connections.
Most users asked:
Can I fix this issue? Yes, you can fix this issue easily if you uninstall antivirus software.
Now we are going to guide you step by step, how can you uninstall antivirus software:
- Type Control in the Windows Cortana search box
- Click the best match Control Panel.
- Set View by Category on the upper right corner.
- Then click on Uninstall a Program under the Programs.
- Search for antivirus software
- Now, Click and uninstall antivirus software.
- Completely follow the on-screen prompt commands to uninstall the third-party antivirus software from your computer.
- Restart your computer and see if discord stuck RTC connecting or not.
Solution 6: Replace Your DNS Server
DNS (Domain Name System) is used to connects URLs with their IP addresses.
By allowing DNS clients to access the origin server, A DNS server translates domain names into IP addresses.
You need to follow this guide step by step:
- Open the Run dialogue box.
- Press a keyboard combination, Windows + R.
- In the text field, type “Control ncpa.cpl” (no quotes) and hit on OK button.
- Right-click on your network.
- Now select on Properties from the in the context menu,
- Find out Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) in the list.
- Hit on it to open the properties.
- Change the settings from ‘Obtain DNS server address automatically’ to ‘Use the following DNS server addresses.’
- Type one of the following values:
- DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
- DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
- Hit on ‘OK’ to save the changes.
Solution 7: Change Your DNS and IP Settings
To do this, follow these easy steps:
- At the lower-left corner of your screen, hit on the Start button.
- As the Start menu opens, enter “Command Prompt” in the search bar.
- Now select on ‘Command Prompt’ and select Run as Administrator.
- Double click on the ‘Yes’ button to Allow Windows Command Processor to make changes to your computer
- Now in the Command Prompt, type the following commands one by one window, and hit Enter after each command:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /all
- ipconfig / release
- ipconfig /renew
- As you have finished this, close the Command Prompt (Admin) window.
- Restart your computer to check that discord RTC connecting issue has been resolved now.
We hope this combination of solutions might resolve this issue. If not, then get into the next solution.
Solution 8: Network Admin blocks discord
Are you using the discord at work or in school? Then the network access may be blocked by the Network Admin. They secure the network to make you more efficient and active( In both cases, whether it is office or school). In this case, you need to ask the network admin whether he blocked the network access or not.
Solution 9: Perform an RTC Connecting Test
If none of the above-mentioned fixes works for you, then try this method step by step:
- Go to the WebRTC website.
- Start the test by clicking the Green button.
- At the top of the page, Hit on the green Start button to begin the test.
- Wait until the process completes.
- You have to wait 5 minutes or less.
Now the result will appear. Notice whether your error is resolved or not.
Many discord users sometimes face an issue: ‘discord stuck at RTC connecting.’ And you cannot chat with your friends. And discord hangs at RTC connecting. This issue is sometimes related to a network-issue. When you feel frustrated, this article helps you provide the best-ever solutions to fix your problem. If you follow our step-by-step guide, you will definitely get out of this issue.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comment section. Have your problem solved now? Which method do you like the most? Please share it with your friends if you find it helpful.