Welcome Rift S users!
The Rift S is the latest VR headset designed by the Oculus. And the Oculus Rift S black screen is the latest error faced by the oculus users.
Many of the Oculus users are facing errors regarding this gadget. A user complains that his Oculus Rift S is showing a black screen while there is no issue with its voice. And the other claims that The voice, as well as display, does not work.
Are you also one of them who are facing the Oculus Rift S black screen error? Don’t be exhausted! whatever the matter is, I’m here to make your Oculus work finely. You’ll surely amuse with its advanced features soon.
Why Does Oculus Rift S Black Screen Problem Occur?
Here, I’ll let you know about the reasoning, Why People encounter Oculus Rift S black screen issue? Once you’ll find the reason, you’ll soon be able to tackle it.
- Sometimes, this issue occurs due to the windows operating system. When Window needs to update and you try to connect Oculus Rift S with your system. You have to face Oculus Rift S black screen error.
- This problem occurs due to the Windows Insider Built.
- Oculus Rift S black screen also occurs when Oculus software needs to be repaired.
- The problem may be due to the USB Driver.
- A graphic card driver can also put you in this trouble.
How We Can Solve Oculus Rift S Black Screen Problem?
I’ve collected a list of solutions for you to get rid of the problem Oculus Rift S black screen and Oculus Rift S black Screen with audio.
These simple solutions are listed below!
- Reseat Oculus Rift S cable
- Adjust Oculus Rift S volume
- Update Windows 10
- Update USB Drivers
- Repair Oculus App
- Restart Oculus runtime service
Fix 1: Reinstall Oculus Rift S Cable
Often it happens to the Rift S cable that its connection becomes loose and can’t connect it with the PC. Consequently, a black page appears on the screen. So, we’ll fix it by checking its connection on both ends. For this purpose!
- Pull out the Face gasket on the left side of the Rift S carefully. It consists of rubber and foam. You’ll pull out both the foam and the rubber.
- Remove the cable carefully from Rift S.
- Reinstall it and make sure the connection is tight enough to work finely.
- Fix the face gasket again carefully.
Now we’ll check the connection on the other end of the cable which is inserted in the PC. Pull out the cable from your PC and insert it into any other USB port. It worked for many users who were facing Oculus Rift S black screen problem.
Fix 2: Adjust Oculus Rift S Volume
It is experienced by some users when Oculus Rift S volume is louder from built-in speakers. It results in the form of a black screen on the PC. Especially, due to firing noise, your PC goes dark. Thus, you experience the Oculus Rift S black screen problem.
When you are in VR, this is the way to decrease the volume.
- From your right touch controller, press the Oculus button. You’ll see a dashboard.
- Navigate to the Quick Options on the right side of the dash. It seems as if three periods lie in a row.
- From the audio slider decrease the volume. Adjust it to a lower level to get rid of the Oculus Rift S black screen problem.
Use external and wireless earbuds instead of the built-in speakers.
Fix 3: Update Windows 10
According to my research and conclusion, it is necessary to update windows 10 before setting up Oculus Rift S. If you were unfamiliar with this fact and you have setup Rift S. It is normal to have Oculus Rift S black screen issue.
To check whether your Windows 10 needs to update or not, follow the steps.
- Move your cursor to the start button and do here Right-click.
- Click on Search or directly click on the Search bar in the Taskbar.
- Type here Update and click OK.
- Click Check for Updates. It’ll show you if it needs to update your Windows 10 and you can update it.
After the completion of the updating window try to connect your Oculus Rift S with your PC and check if the issue has resolved or not.
Fix 4: Update USB Drivers
It is a very popular way to get rid of the black screen on the Oculus. It has worked for most of the users. I hope it’ll also work for you. so, let’s know how we can update USB drivers.
- Navigate to the search bar of your PC and write here Device Manager.
- Click on USB controllers. You’ll see a list of USB drivers. Here, you can see if your Oculus Rift S has a USB connection with your PC or not.
- Click-right on Intel(R) USB 3.0 extensible Host Controller and select Update driver.
(Note: Intel(R) USB 3.0 extensible host is recommended USB port for the Oculus Rift S.)
- In the next step click on Browse my computer for device software.
- Next pop-up window is like this
- Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. Click Next.
- Again click Next from the pop-up window and end up the process by clicking Close.
- In the same way, check for the other USB drivers if they need to update.
the next most important thing we should do is “Check for USB Power” to manage the power of USB ports.
For this purpose!
- One by one check the properties of all the USB Driver present in the device manager.
- Select a USB driver. Click-right and select Properties.
- If there is a power Management option, click here.
- Then uncheck Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power. Click OK.
- Go back to the home screen, click on the search bar and type here Power Management.
- Click on Edit Power Plan.
- Edit Plan Settings will appear on the screen and click on Change advanced power settings.
- Scroll down your cursor and click USB settings.
- Change Enabled to the Disabled and click Apply.
- After the completion of this process try to restart Oculus.
- Go to the Settings click Beta and then click Restart Oculus.
I’m sure this fix will work for you. It is a highly recommended fix for you if you have tried the above-mentioned fixes and still facing Oculus Rift S black screen with audio problem.
Fix 5: Repair Oculus App
Are you getting panic? Are you still facing Oculus Rift S black screen error?
Huh! Try another fix before buying a new Oculus Rift S headset. Try to fix your problem by uninstalling and reinstalling Oculus App.
- Boot your PC into Safe mood.
- Navigate to the Local Disk (C).
- Double-click the Program Files.
- Double-click the Oculus folder.
- Double-Click the Oculus Setup.
- Click Uninstall and again Uninstall.
After the uninstallation of the Oculus App. You need to delete some other folders.
- Go to the File Explorer, then Local Disk (C).
- Go to the Program Files.
- In the Program Files right-click the Oculus folder.
- Click Delete to delete the folder.
There are some folders under your username. You must delete them. For this purpose!
- Go to the File Explorer, then click on Users.
- Double-click your User Name.
- Double-click App Data.
There are three sub-folders in the App Data. These are Local, Localow, and Roaming. These folders have Oculus folders that must be deleted before continuing.
After the uninstallation of the Oculus folder and Related folders in App Data. Boot your Computer without a Safe mood.
Connect your computer to the Internet and Install Oculus App from the web.
Fix 6: Restart Oculus Runtime Service
According to my research, Restart Oculus Runtime Service is an easy way to fix issues related to Rift S.
- Click on the Search bar and type here Services.
- Right-click the Oculus Runtime Services and click Restart.
It’ll take sometimes. It is a quick way to fix the Rift S issue. I hope you’ll find here all the things you need to fix Oculus Rift S black screen problem.
This article is a masterpiece of information about the Oculus Rift S black screen problem. I’m going to paste here a video clip to make you more comfortable.
This vivid information will surely help you to fix your Oculus Rift S black screen problem. After going through this article you’ll soon be able to enjoy games and other activities of your interest.
Frequently asked Question:
Are the Graphic Card Drivers a reason behind the Oculus Rift S black screen?
YES! the Graphic Card Drivers can be a reason behind Oculus Rift S black screen. Rift S likes to have updated Drivers all the time. It is a good idea to check for the Graphic Card Drivers that need to update.
Can window Insider Build solve the black screen problem?
Window Insider Build is considered a cause behind the Oculus Rift S black screen. Some users are succeeded to get back their RIft S after uninstalling Window Insider Build. They recommend this solution confidently to connect the Oculus Rift S to the PC.
- You may like: [Issues Fixed] Xbox accessories App [How to Download in 2020 ?]
- People also search for: [8 Best Ever Fixes] Kernel Mode Heap Corruption