Roblox is no doubt a mind-blowing world for gamers. Not only for players but also for creators. It entertains people of every age. That’s why it has gained popularity in billions of people.
Are you one of those curious ones? Yes?
You might have faced Roblox error code 279 while playing or creating new games to grab new ones. Let’s check what is this error actually.
What Does Roblox Error Code 279 Mean?
Roblox error code 279 is a connectivity issue. This connectivity issue can be due to some reasons such as Windows Firewall, bad game, and slow speed of internet connection.
When Roblox notifies you about error code 279 Roblox, it appears on your screen an error message and keeps you away from the tremendous gaming world of the Roblox.
Roblox error code 279 appears in these words Failed to connect to the Game. (ID=17: Connection attempt failed.)
The only option you have is to leave the game after receiving this error message.
It is necessary to discuss the reasons a bit more to provide you deep knowledge. Let’s begin.
Why Do You Encounter The Roblox Error Code 279?
Roblox users are often facing error code 279 Roblox while playing games.
You’ll surely be glad to know that the fixes for Roblox error code 279 are super easy to implement. But without finding the reasons you may find it difficult to solve this issue. Let’s learn about the reasons.
- The slow speed of the internet connection, poor internet connection put you into many Roblox error codes. Roblox demands fast internet speed to connect you with it. When you play games with slow internet speed or unstable internet connection, you experience Roblox error code 279.
- Windows Firewall, it is another cause due to which you have to face error code 279 Roblox again and again. You should allow the required connections for Roblox through Windows Firewall. If you have not allowed it may be the reason.
- Bad game, the error can appear when you try to connect to a game that contains bad scripts or has too many objects to load. Roblox has some rules to create new games. When creators don’t follow the rules players have to face errors like Roblox error code 279.
- The empty game, sometimes you try to open a game that has no objects. When you open such a game you face errors.
So, these are the reasons that push you into trouble. Now let me take you towards solutions.
Fix 1: Disable Your Windows Firewall
It is possible that you can fix Roblox error code 279 in the first attempt or you have to jump to the next fixes. Disabling your Windows Firewall can solve your issue. let’s learn how you can do it.
First of all, you need to turn off Windows Firewall temporarily from the browser. After doing it, try to play the game and see if the error persists or not.
If it works for you then you need not do anything. If it does not work then try the next step to disable Windows Firewall.
Follow these easiest steps to disable the Windows Firewall,
- Open the search bar and type here Windows Defender Firewall
- Click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off from the left side of the Windows Firewall page
- Then tick the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall under both the Private network settings and Public network settings
- Then click OK
If you have got rid of the error code 279 after the implementation of this fix it means the problem was due to your windows firewall.
Fix 2: Use Google Chrome As Your Default Browser
You can experience error code 279 Roblox if you are using an untrustworthy browser or an outdated browser. I recommend you to use google chrome as your default browser.
Moreover, check for your browser’s update. If it is needed to be update you can resolve your issue by updating it to the latest version.
Some browsers are not compatible with the Roblox. You can use Firefox internet explorer and Chrome. But google chrome is more convenient for the smooth running of Roblox.
Fix 3: Open The Needed Ports
Error Code 279 can be caused if the appropriate range of ports is not opened on your network. You can resolve this issue by opening ports according to the requirements of Roblox.
Range of ports for PC:
- UDP: 49152–65535
Range of ports for Xbox One:
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
To open these ports follow these steps,
- Get access to your router’s control panel and login as Administrator
- Navigate to the port forwarding category
- Enter the IP address of your system under the port forwarding category
- Type here the port range 49152–65535 and select UDP under the Protocol column
- After the completion of the process restart your router
Try to access your Roblox and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Fix 4: Disable Third-Party Antivirus
Sometimes, an antivirus that you have installed to your system can cause the error code 279 as the antiviruses do not allow you to access your games.
In order to prevent the difficulty, you need to disable antivirus temporarily.
Once you disable the antivirus, try to connect the Roblox. Haven’t you still find a solution useful for you?
Relaxed! I’ve another fix for you. Let’s try that.
Fix 5: Reset Your Internet Options (Windows only)
Roblox error code 279 is so easy to fix that sometimes you only have to reset your internet options to get rid of Roblox error code 279.
This simplest fix can make you free from the error code 279 Roblox.
Let’s do it by resetting the internet options (only for internet explorer)
- Open the Internet Explorer web browser
- Navigate to the gear icon from the upper right side of the page
- Click on Internet Options and then click on the Advanced tab
- Then click on the Reset button and close the Internet Explorer
When you have done it try to connect to your game.
Fix 6: Disable Browser Extension
Some browser extensions are a major cause of showing error code 279. You need to disable such a browser extension to access your Roblox.
Adblocker extensions are those ones. Because ads are the source of income for websites and no website will allow you to block its source of income. The same is with Roblox.
Disable the Adblocker extension by,
- Open your Web browser and click on the three dots on the right side of the page
- Click on More Tools and then click on the Extensions
- Then click on Disable under the AdBlock tab
After the completion of the process check for the Roblox error code 279 is solved or not.
Fix 7: Reinstall The Game
I’m very hopeful you’ll find any of the fixes given above helpful for you. If the situation is the opposite, Don’t be disappointed!
You can practice another fix in this situation.
Unfortunately, you will have to uninstall the Roblox and then reinstall it.
Stay tuned with Roblox and make your days and nights enjoyable.
I’m trying my best to resolve your issue with Roblox error code 279 id=17. Though the fixes for it are very easy yet you have to try it. Besides all these confident fixes I’m want to share a video clip with you to make it easier to fix Roblox error code 279 immediately.
Roblox users are often facing many errors related to connectivity issues. But there is no problem without the solutions.
Roblox is also the same. You just have to try the simplest fixes given in this article. I’m sure you’ll fix Roblox error code 279 in no time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Roblox keeps losing connection?
Roblox users often face connection issues because of slow internet speed, problematic router, outdated web browser, or Roblox.
On which platforms you can play ROBLOX?
You can play on Roblox on almost all the platforms like Andriod, iOS, PC, laptop, and Xbox One.
Roblox is the name of the virus. Is it true?
No, but a virus named Roblox also exist. That’s why people consider it a virus.